CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSONS AND TECHNICIANS assist in civil engineering research, design, construction, operations and maintenance.
Indicative Skill Level:
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- preparing sketches, charts, tabulations, plans and designs for civil engineering works such as drainage, water supply, sewerage reticulation systems, roads, airports, dams, bridges and other structures
- performing and directing fieldwork and laboratory testing
- interpreting work assignment instructions, applying appropriate procedures and selecting equipment
- collecting and analysing data, and carrying out computations
- estimating material costs and ensuring finished works are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- inspecting civil engineering works, and organising and supervising maintenance and repair work
- conducting field and laboratory tests of construction materials and soils, and collecting data for traffic surveys
312211 Civil Engineering Draftsperson
312212 Civil Engineering Technician
312211 CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAFTSPERSON
Prepares detailed drawings and plans for civil engineering work in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Civil Engineering Design Draftsperson
Plumbing Engineering Draftsperson
Road Design Draftsperson
Sewage Reticulation Drafting Officer
Structural Engineering Drafting Officer
312212 CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Conducts tests of construction materials, prepares sketches and tabulations, and assists in estimating costs in support of Civil Engineering Professionals and Engineering Technologists. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 2
Civil Engineering Assistant
Civil Laboratory Technician
Geotechnical Laboratory Technician
Please note, depending on which visa you wish to apply for a skills assessment may be required. To ensure you obtain precise info regarding requirements please arrange an appointment for a consultation with one of our Immigration Specialists.