The Skilled Graduate Visa allows international students who have completed their study to live, work and study temporarily anywhere in Australia. This visa consists of two streams: the Graduate Work stream and the Post-Study Work stream.
The main requirements for this visa are as follows:
- you must have studied for at least two academic years
- you must have completed your study within the last 6 months
- you must be less than 50 years of age
- you must have skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list or have obtained an eligible qualification at a degree or postgraduate degree level
- you must have an equivalent English IELTS score of 6 average with a minimum of 5 in each component *exemptions may apply in some cases
- you must meet health and character requirements to apply for this visa
- family members can be included in the application
- the visa duration is for 1.5-4 years depending on your situation
Many students apply for this visa whilst working on requirements to apply for permanent residency. You may be able to proceed to apply for permanent residency if you meet all requirements.
Please note, if this application is not handled correctly your visa can be refused resulting in complications to stay in Australia or apply for another visa.
To ensure your application is handled correctly and to obtain precise information for your specific situation please arrange an assessment with our Registered Migration Specialist. Find out more about what a full migration assessment involves.