A student visa is a temporary visa which allows you to remain in Australia to study for the duration of your course. Courses types range from general english courses to university level courses. As an Australian International student in most cases you will be permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight or 20 hours per week. In some cases you will be permitted to work full time.
Why is Australia such a popular place to study?
Here’s a list of some of the main benefits of studying in Australia:
- obtain a world class education recognized internationally
- study the Australian way – not just theory but real world practical experience
- obtain new skills and broaden your career options
- learn about the Australian culture and lifestyle
- work whilst you study to obtain valuable skills related to Australian work standards and ethics
- live, study and work in a safe and friendly atmosphere – Sydney and Melbourne were ranked among the top ten friendliest cities in the world
- your partner/spouse and family can also be added to the same application
- dramatically improve your English language and communication skills
- interact with international students from all over the world
- experience integrating in a multicultural society
- obtain a Skilled Temporary Graduate work visa (Subclass 485) if you choose the right course
- work towards applying for a permanent residency visa to live and work in Australian permanently
What type of course?
We can provide you with info related to numerous colleges and universities around Australia. Here’s a list of some of the types of study fields we can explore:
- General English/ Academic English or IELTS
- Information Technology
- Business Management
- Project Management
- Trade course
- Leadership and Management
- Marketing and Communication
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Commercial cookery
- Sport and Fitness
- Child Care
- Other study fields depending your situation
What are the Fees?
As an international student you will be required to pay tuition fees up front each semester. Initially, you will need to pay just for the first semester. The table below will give you an idea of course fee ranges for different types of courses:
|Course type||Tuition fee|
|High schools||A$12,500- 18,000 (yearly)|
|English Courses||A$ 200 – A$ 300 (weekly)|
|Certificate or Diploma or Advanced Diploma -1 year||A$1,500 – $6000 (per term)|
|Professional Year Program – 1 Year||A$8,000 -$12,500 per year|
|Bachelor Degree Program -3 years||A$20,000 -$30,000 per year|
|Master Degree Program – 2 years||A$22,000 $30,000 per year|
Please note, if your application is not handled correctly your visa can be refused resulting in complications to stay in Australia or apply for another visa in future. To ensure your application is handled correctly and to obtain precise information for your specific situation please arrange an assessment with one of our Certified Education or Immigration Specialists. Please note, for Education only enquiries and assistance talk to our Education Specialist, free of charge. Please indicate clearly if you wish to speak only to an Education Specialist. For Immigration related enquiries, find out more about what a full migration assessment involves.
Excluding course fee, these are the costs included while applying for student visa as a single applicant (excluding family members)
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – approx. AUS $ 550 (per year)
- Student visa government application fee is approx. – AUS $560
- Our visa application and documentation processing charge – AUS $440 (including GST)
- If documents are not in English (per document translation cost will be AUS $50)
- The subsequent temporary application charge may apply based on individual visa history.
Do you wish to change your course of study?
If you are feeling uncertain about the career path you have chosen and you are thinking about exploring other options for study, you are not alone, it is more common than you think!
Often students choose a course on study based on their family’s interests or because they believe they will find employment in a particular area however choosing a career based on other peoples’ ideas rather than your own often does not turn out to be a smart move.
It is important to think about various aspects including your long term objectives and what type of study would suit your character and personality. We offer resources to explore information to help you decide which path would be the best for you.
Sometimes other things can also interfere with studying and settling in a new country such as feeling homesick, personal problems or you may just feel that the course of study you have chosen is too difficult. We can provide support and also explain any possible implications in relation to your student visa if you change your course.
Why talk to a Qualified Australian Education Specialist?
Our Australian Education Specialists are certified, this means they have passed exams related to the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and have many years of experience advising prospective students. Here’s a list of reasons to explain why it is worthwhile for you to discuss options with one of our Australian Education Specialists. Our education consultants will help you with the following:
- provide you with a full assessment free of charge to understand your requirements and goals
- explain options related to educational institutions and courses available considering your preferred location, tuition fee and English requirements
- assist you to complete required applications and documents to arrange course enrollment
- guide you through the visa application process with the help of our registered immigration specialists
- arrange an economical health insurance service for you
- assist you to pass your English test
- communicate with education providers and immigration authorities on your behalf
- provide regular updates and ongoing support in relation to course enrollment and changes to student visa regulations
How to apply for a Student Visa
Whilst holding a student visa you may be eligible to apply for another student visa or other type of visa before your substantive student visa expires.
In order to meet the criteria to be granted a student visa you must select a course from a registered education provider, and the course must be full time. Your country of passport and the type of course you wish to study as well as various other factors will be assessed by the Department of Immigration. Talk to one of our certified Australian Education Specialists to arrange a full assessment.