Obtain Permanent Residency after 3 years in the Northern Territory

14 January 2019

On 1 January 2019 the Federal government signed a new five year Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA) with the Northern Territory. The DAMA allows employers in designated areas experiencing skills and labour shortages to sponsor skilled and semi-skilled overseas workers.

Applicants will be able to apply for permanent residency once they have worked for 3 years in the Northern Territory holding a Tempory Skills Shortage visa (Subclass 482).

If you are interested, you will need to find an employer to sponsor you in the Northern Territory. You must prove you have skills closely related to an occuaption on the NT DAMA Occupation List and your employer will need to be assessed by our office to ensure they meet all requirements. Read more about employer sponsorship options.

Do you qualify for a visa?

A migration assessment with a registered Australian Immigration Specialist is a very important and worthwhile part of the migration process as it will allow you to obtain precise information for your situation based on updated legislation. Find out more about what a migration assessment involves.